Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Things I like on my plate

Love the Broccoli
My Favourite- Vegemite toast


It has been difficult to get Reyes to eat vegetables, although he does love Broccoli. Over the last couple of weeks I have been trialing new foods.

I blended up some cooked chicken breast the other day and to make the texture easy for him to eat, I mashed up a spoon full of baked beans with it. Not only did he like the beans but he seems to love the flavour of tomato.

From then on, I have been putting a spoonful of mashed baked beans or tomato paste in his vegetables and even in fish for him. Although he does love tuna and fish fingers.

We have given him small pieces of cooked beef and he really loves it. At first he would just suck at it, but now with most finger foods, he actually bites little bits off, chews with what teeth he has and swallows.

Vegemite toast for breakfast is his favourite. If I put strawberry jam or cheese on toast, he may not eat it all and the cheese ends up all over the floor.

Yogurt is the favourite dessert and also fruit, especially banana and nectarines are good at the moment. He also loves strawberries.

We have brought these Spanish style long crackers which are made of all grains and cereals. They are a handy snack.

I can pretty much mash up most of what we eat for Reyes, so it is getting easier. He enjoys most foods. I cant really think of anything that he wont eat.

Most meal times Reyes will stick out his tongue to a little taste before he opens his mouth for the spoon though, so you could say he is a bit fussy.

No comments: