Sunday, March 23, 2008

First Easter

No Chocolate but eggs on toast was the brerakfast for the day. Daddy has gone off to the bar.

May 14th 2007

Went to the bar as normal, you were due on May 30th so we were still 2 weeks away from thinking anything was going suprise us. We had a good day business wise and there were a few returners in town, we had organised dinner a couple for Friday (it was Monday). Staying late in the bar was not my thing lately as I was getting tired alot. But this day I stayed to see friends. It was around 9pm and I decided to go and clean the kitchen, I felt like I needed to just clean. I started to feel really tired and sort of different within an hour. It was early morning in Australia so with the communication world, I skyped mum to have a chat.

The chat from this night is worthy of its own post- it will follow shortly.

Well the rest of the story speaks for itself. Michael headed home promptly after running past all the other bars shouting out that I was having you. I was having contractions but Michael and I tried to get some sleep. It wasnt working as they became 3 minutes apart, so I decided to have a shower to make e feel a bit better, as my back was very sore.

I had a show as I got out of the shower and then my waters started to break. We called a ouple of friends that said they would get us to the hospital, as we did not have a car. Being that it was 2am in the morning, we had no luck. Michael called our friends
Michael and Michael. They got into a cab straight away and headed up to our apartment. On the way to the cab my waters were still leaking. The Michaels bid us good luck and we were on our way. The hospital was about 20mins away, it seemed like forever for me as the contractions were getting more severe.

I was examined and we were put into a birthing suite. From this point on until I was all tubed up and wisked off for an emergency c- section, for me was all a bit blurry. It seemed like days, it was 6
hours. I was in pain most of the time, while around me Michael was taking photos, everyone and I mean everyone wanted a look. Not pretty, but the pain seemed to make me not care about all that.

By 9am they had decided a c- section was the only option as my pelvis was too small to push you out, and as my waters had broke earlier, you were in a bit a stress. Michael was ushered out another door and I was taken into theatre. Not being up with the language, Michael was out of the know asto what was going on. He wasnt allowed to come into the operating room.

My experience was one of fear (epedural in) bliss (starting to work)
curious (no feeling what so ever from waist down, someone cutting me opn and you being born) AMAZING.

So at 10.16am you were born.

While I was being stitched up, a nurse bought you to me. You were all wrapped up so I could only see your little face and a bit of your hair. Lots of hair and RED. What, where did that come from? The nurse lowered your face down to touch mine and I kissed you. It was the most fulfilling state I had ever been in.

I was wheeled out of the theatre and on the way to recovery Michael was there. He looked distressed and upset. I felt for him but the state I was in, could not show my full emotions for what I was feeling for him. I was taken to recovery where I stayed for 2 hours till I could start to feel my legs again. I arrived into a ward at about 1pm where Michael was waiting.

He began by relaying the last 4 hours of his life to me.
This will be posted separatly- so keep an eye out for it.
It as not until 4pm that afternoon, you were brought into us.

No comments: