Sunday, March 23, 2008

Skype chat to my mum the night before I had Reyes

Index: BLB- means bye-love-bye

Patsy Robinson says: Hi, how you going, did MJ give you the email thankyou for the flowers.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: Starting to get early labor pains- really sore lower back and front

Loretta and Michael McGill says: yes he did

Loretta and Michael McGill says: Got your email- I am glad you liked the suprise, your explanation made me cry!!

Patsy Robinson says: Gee! I wonder if you're going to come early or are they Braxton Hicks pains. I had them for three months with all of you. Mj said it made him laugh I told him I cried and laughed. Its nice to know you've married a man with a good sense of humour

Patsy Robinson says: The bit about MJ was about the email not your pains

Loretta and Michael McGill says: I have had BHs since week 20, they have never been painful just makes my belly go hard and a funny shape for a min or 2. If the are BHs they are more intense now and painful and longer....

Loretta and Michael McGill says: I figured that!!

Patsy Robinson says: Do they usually come at the same time everyday and go away at the same time, the pains I mean. Because I think mine would get stronger everyday as I was getting closer but then they would just stop later on in the day or night and then start up again the next day and I never knew what I was doing, that's why I always turned up at the hospital too early, fortunately I was never sent home again so I was still pretty much on the button.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: Really just started getting intense the last couple of days. I feel worse in the morning and then at night, but tonight I should already be at home with my feet up. Did that yesterday and felt good but sore this morning. Today could not get comfy, then since at bar have been busy and cleaning which i know I have overdone it but you know how you just feel like keep going, then it kills you!!

Loretta and Michael McGill says: When you have a contraction what is it supossed to feel like?? Patsy Robinson says: Yep! I do. Keep your feet up as much as possible, that's important. Where's your back pain, mine used to ache like mad even when I was sitting down but it was just at the top of the buttock.

Patsy Robinson says: Contractions varied with me but kind of like you've got wind

Loretta and Michael McGill says: Yeh, top of bum..... Like wind in your belly??

Patsy Robinson says: Yeah! that sounds pretty right but could still be BH. It's not until you go into a later labour that the pain can feel like really severe tummy cramps spreading right across your whole tummy, then they start to last longer and longer each time, you can't get comfortable and you think they're never going to go away, then all of a sudden it goes, you take a deep sigh of relief and wait for the next one, because you know it's going to happen.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: Cool- pretty painful but Im sure worse to come---- going home now to put feet up and try and get comfy........... Love you BLB.. (angel)

Patsy Robinson says: Wait a minute, I haven't finished yet. I've really forgotten just how severe they are because that's what happens to every woman, the joy and the glory of holding that little baby in your arms seems to erase all the pain form your memory. We believe God planned it that way when he said to Eve henceforth you shall bare all children in pain but then gave us the ultimate privilege of womanhood. Now I'll let you go BLB, God bless and keep me informed, you know you're getting closer and it's very exciting. Love you.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: she missed that one, but i will show it to her, she is in a cab, and on her way home, chat later xx blb MJ

Patsy Robinson says: Thanks MJ, I thought I might have missed her but it doesn't matter because I think I know how she feels. Tell her I love her and you and Reyes. BLB

Loretta and Michael McGill says: no probemo, will do, i will be going home in about an hour, she would not leave tonight, kept cleaning every thing

Patsy Robinson says: Sometimes wanting to keep on cleaning is a sign, keep an eye on her. Oh! my gosh, maybe I should get an earlier flight but don't panic it could just be a false alarm, no one ever knows with those little darlings.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: very true, we will see, i am pretty chilled, so all will be well

Patsy Robinson says: Good on you, catch you later, unless you want to keep chatting because no one ever really knows what the husbands are going through at times like this they only care about the mother to be. BLB

Loretta and Michael McGill says: well i am finally sitting here with a cold beer, relaxing, catching up on emails and world sport on the net, .... so I feel relaxed, but yes I agree we husbands dont get much of a say!!! i am fine, thanks for asking, all well,and waiting for the big day!!!!

Patsy Robinson says: If I'm excited, I can only try to imagine how much more-so you and Rett are, although I have been blessed with a very deep empathetic nature that I can almost feel what another person is feeling, so I don't know whether it's yours and Retts feelings I'm experiencing or my own. So kepp on trying to relax and you're going to need a lot more cold beers between now and then. Gosh! I'm all bubbling over inside, I just can't wait.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: ha ha, on that note, one more cold pint for me and I am off home to my lovely wife

Patsy Robinson says: BLB darling, cheers, all my love, God bless.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: rett just rang, are the fluids water or what are they

Loretta and Michael McGill says: she may have broken?

Patsy Robinson says: Just like water, what does she mean, have her waters broken, it's like you wee yourself. Got your other message I'm with you. Hec! yes she might have.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: so not a discharge? just water?

Patsy Robinson says: Yes, just water, another sign is called "a show" which is a small show blood as if you're about to get a period.

Patsy Robinson says: Not you, I mean her.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: cool xxxx

Patsy Robinson says: What does that mean, what's going on , has she had a show, are her waters broken or is everything OK. Talk to me.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: she had a scare, just a show!

Patsy Robinson says: If you mean a show of blood then that's what I'm talking about, it's another sign that she's ready.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: ok, will tell her

Patsy Robinson says: Yes, please tell her and then get back to me, it m ight be time to ring the hospital. The three major signs are contractions, a show and waters breaking. It could be one or all

Loretta and Michael McGill says: ok!!!!!!!!!!

Patsy Robinson says: Thanks

Patsy Robinson says: MJ what's happening, I'm panicking here.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: nothing...she is at home, i am here, nothing hapening

Patsy Robinson says: Sorry I panicked, I thought you said she had a show, presumably of blood, if she did then she's ready. Please clarify and then I'll leave you alone and get my story through to Amber before I get the sack.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: no blood

Patsy Robinson says: Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, sorry I was just a panic merchant and ruined your last beer, so have another one on me. See you soon BLB.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: no prob, 4 drinkers in now

Patsy Robinson says: You're kidding, you'll never get home but its all good for business. Have a good night and I'll have a good day.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: rett wants to know, when you were pregnant, how many days before you were in labour did you have contractions that were 4 to 5 mins apart?

Patsy Robinson says: That varied but if they're that close tell her to keep timing and be aware of the severity of the pains. The trouble is you never really know how bad they can feel until it really happens but all my labours were different. But Catherine was ten days late and I went through what Rett's going through for those ten days and more. Tell her to explain more about that discharge. It might be time, she's just got to keep checking the pains and possibly phone the hospital for further advice.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: i am going home right now to make sure!!!!!!!

Loretta and Michael McGill says: cant phone hospital , they are spanish!!!

Patsy Robinson says: Good on you, somehow or other keep in touch, it could be a false alarm or the real thing.

Loretta and Michael McGill says: ok, off now over and out!!!

Patsy Robinson says: BLB

Loretta and Michael McGill says: blb xx

Patsy Robinson says: I'm staying on-line even when I go to bed, so please send me a message I'll keep checking throughout the night. Please contact me.

Patsy Robinson says: Disregard previous message, I sent it before Ret rang me, however I still don't know how to contact either of you.


Needless to say, the next time we spoke to mum was May 15th once Reyes was born. Mum and my niece Emily arrived in Spain on May 29th as mum wanted to be here for the birth, alas Reyes came early and she missed out. She enjoyed her 3 weeks here with her new grandchild.

No comments: